About a week ago I bought a great little mid century loveseat. From about 15 feet away it looked great but it had some serious issues. The piping had been ripped out of the seat cushion, several buttons were missing and the springs needed to be tied.
We started out by stripping off all of the original materials.
Next we replaced all the muslin, dacron, and foam. Although we considered several different fabrics we decided it would be best to stick with the original black tufted vinyl.
This project came out just as we had hoped and we are very pleased with the final result.
The vinyl we used naturally distresses when it is stretched.
This gives it a nice vintage look that matches the original frame